Thank you for visiting my writing Web Site.
Writing history, especially overlooked eras like the Gilded Age or the post-World War I Red Scare, has been a passion of mine for almost two decades. I hope my Web site will give you the chance to share it.
When not writing, I practice law at OFW Law, Washington’s D.C.’s premier firm for agriculture, food and drug, medical devices, FDA, and health care, providing Creative Solutions to Difficult Problems.
Hope you enjoy your visit, and come back soon.
All the best –KenA.
October 21st 2021
- Next Workshops: I’ll be teaching three new one-and-done “pop-up” workshops at the Writers Center this Fall, all on zoom (of course!) for anyone in the country to join: “Researching and Writing Your Family History” on September 29; “High Octane Grammar” on October 13; and “Contracts and Copyrights: What Writers Need to Know” on October 27. Hope to see you there!! My annual winter workshop on “Narrative Nonfictions: History, Memoir, and Biography” will start late January 2022, exact date TBD.
- New Title: ETHEL’S TAPE. Check out this quirky new history by me and Jim Hershberg on our own family’s odyssey from 1920s Eastern Europe to New York’s Lower East Side and all the strange places in between. It’s not what you think.
- Recent Podcast: A big thank you to the Most Notorious true-crime podcast for having me on to talk about Boss Tweed. Tweed is definitely having a renaissance this year. Here’s the link.
- Now Available: Boss Tweed Ears Edition!! Check out the new audio book version of BOSS TWEED: The Corrupt Pol who Conceived the Soul of Modern New York, available on Amazon, Audible, iTunes, or wherever you prefer to get your audiobooks. Here’s a sample-
- And check out (below) this cool interview on my Trotsky book with Bookman’s Corner TV.
Click here for my latest pieces on-