Thank you for visiting my writing Web Site.
Writing history, especially overlooked eras like the Gilded Age or the post-World War I Red Scare, has been a passion of mine for almost two decades. I hope my Web site will give you the chance to share it.
When not writing, I practice law at OFW Law, Washington’s D.C.’s premier firm for agriculture, food and drug, medical devices, FDA, and health care, providing Creative Solutions to Difficult Problems.
Hope you enjoy your visit, and come back soon.
All the best –KenA.
- Upcoming Winter Workshop: My annual winter workshop on Narrative Nonfiction: History, Memoir, and Biography, from February 14 through March 28, now open for sign-up at The Writers Center in Bethesda. Yes it’s on Zoom, so anyone from anyplace can happily link in.
- New article in American Heritage Magazine: See my latest: “When Abortion Roiled 19th Century New York.“
- Blog Posts: Notes on my own strange experiences growing up in the Last century: Tear-Gassed in Washington, D.C., May 1970, and My First Taste of Politics: Getting Thrown Out of the Polls by the Albany Machine, June 1972.
- Foodie Article: Check out my latest from B’nai B’rith Magazine, “In Search of Kreplach: More Than Just Jewish Ravioli.”
- New Title: ETHEL’S TAPE. Check out this quirky new history by me and Jim Hershberg on our own family’s odyssey from 1920s Eastern Europe to New York’s Lower East Side and all the strange places in between. It’s not what you think.
- Now Available: Boss Tweed Ears Edition!! Check out the new audio book version of BOSS TWEED: The Corrupt Pol Who Conceived the Soul of Modern New York, available on Amazon, Audible, iTunes, or wherever you prefer to get your audiobooks. Here’s a sample-
- And check out (below) this cool interview on my Trotsky book with Bookman’s Corner TV.